Monday, January 04, 2016

Review: Skin Lightening Laser Treatment At Clifford Clinic on 13 Aug and 2 Nov 2015

13 Aug 2015

When I was younger, I always thought that I won't get pigmentation since I was born with fair skin and no matter how much time I spent under the hot glaring sun.  I hated sunscreen as I find it too oily for my already oily skin.

Fast forward to many many years and sigh... I am plagued with many pigmentation especially on my cheekbone areas.

Thank god for The Clifford Clinic who came to my rescue!  After I discussed about my pigmentation issue with Dr Gerard Ee, he recommended skin lightening laser treatment for me to lightening the pigmentation.

The Clifford Clinic is located at 24 Raffles Place, #01-03 Clifford Centre, Singapore 048621.  It is accessible as the clinic is within walking distance from Raffles Place MRT.  There are a number of buses that pass by Shenton are as well.  If you drive, there are a few public carparks which you can park.  As for the timing, the clinic is open from Mon to Fri: 10am to 8pm, Sat: 10am to 2pm and Sun is closed.


Let's take a look at my face without makeup.  Pigmentation is obvious especially on my cheekbones.  Pigmentation is normally formed in the inner layer of the skin initially.  Our outermost layer of skin is constantly shedding and new layers will emerged.  When the new layers with pigmentation move to the outermost layer, the pigmentation will show.  So after years of neglecting my skin, I am suffering from the consequences.






 After a consultation with Dr Ee, we proceeded to the treatment room for the laser treatment.  First of all, he selected the right intensity for the lightening of pigmentation by using the screen attached to the laser machine.


Afterwhich, he proceeded to let me wear the protective eye cover to shield my eyes from the laser.



 Ok, here we go.  The procedure was not painful at all.  To me, it felt like rubber band snapping on my face lightly.  Those with extremely low threshold of pain can request for numbing cream to be applied on your faces.  But I preferred the laser to be directed on my skin without any other cream on my face.








After Dr Ee finished layering one side of my face, he proceeded to do the other side to lighten my pigmentation.


 The laser procedure was over within 15-20 mins and it is a great lunch hour skin treatment as you can just pop into the clinic during lunch hour and get out of the clinic to catch a quick bite before returning back to the office again.

Also, this treatment is non invasive, meaning that you can still face the public without any redness on your face.  All you need is some sunscreen to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.

Here's a photo of me and the friendly Dr Ee after we finished the laser treatment.


A review of my face after treatment.  I can see that my face has taken a new found clarity and brightness.  The pigmentation has lightened although they are not completely gone as one time treatment won't eradicate the pigmentation totally.  For lightening of pigmentation, you will need more than one laser treatment definitely.  Those with severe pigmentation will need to go more often for this treatment.






 2 Nov 2015

I was back at The Clifford Clinic for my second skin lightening laser treatment.  Due to my busy schedule, I couldn't drop by every month to do this laser treatment hence I guessed my improvement would be slower.  It has been about 2 months since my first laser treatment, but surprisingly, my skin has taken on a clearer tone.  Thanks god for The Clifford Clinic and Dr Ee for this awesome skin treatment!

These were the photos taken before I did my second round of skin lightening laser treatment on 2 Nov 2015.






Starting the laser treatment, focusing on the pigmentation to lightening them.







These are the photos taken immediately after the second laser treatment.  Ignore the lines around the eyes as they were due to the protective eye cover.









This was taken at night.  I could see the difference before and after the laser treatment.

Those interested in this skin lightening laser treatment, do give The Clifford Clinic a call at +65 65322400.  You can also check out the clinic's website at www.cliffordclinic.com.  Make an appointment with Dr Gerard Ee who can advise you on what to do for your current skin condition.  Try quoting my name 'Elaine Heng" and he most probably will give you good discounts. ;)

Have a great 2016, peeps!

Love,
Elaine

Let’s network at:
ig: mselaineheng
twitter: Elaine Heng
facebook: Elaine Heng
LinkedIn: Elaine Heng

2 comments:

Nirmalskinclinic said...

Nice Post and useful information thanks for sharing.



Melanin gives darkness to skin and it can be due to various reasons. Irrespective of cause, the urge to improve complexion strives ahead always! Melanin in deep layers of skin is not amenable to any peels or topical creams and lasers are the savior. Skin lightening laser is a novel technology in which the laser light goes deep into skin and breaks down the stubborn melanin pigment into smaller bits. These smaller bits are much easier to be cleared off by body’s own scavenging system.

Skin lightening laser treatment

Visit Website : www.nirmalskinclinic.com

herry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.